Invisalign is a revolutionary way to straighten your teeth without braces. Instead, you’ll use a series of clear, plastic aligners to gradually move your teeth into place. Since these aligners are removable, you can still eat and drink what you want during treatment.
Treatment with Invisalign aligners typically lasts 12 to 18 months. You’ll visit your dentist every six to eight weeks to ensure treatment is progressing as planned.
What can Invisalign fix?
- Crooked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Overbites and underbites
- Open bite
- Crowded teeth
How long does Invisalign take?
The length of time that Invisalign takes depends entirely on the complexity of the case. On average, Invisalign results typically take about 12 months.
Invisalign treatment process
Your Invisalign treatment process begins in our dentist’s office, where your dentist will take impressions of your teeth. Then, the impressions will be sent to Align Technology, where a customized treatment plan will be created. Once you receive your aligners, you can begin your treatment.
You’ll need to wear your aligners for 22 hours every day, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. Each aligner should be worn for two weeks. Invisalign works by applying gentle pressure on the right places of the teeth to move them into desired positions to get the desired result.
Benefits of Invisalign
- The clear aligners for Invisalign are removable. You can take them out to eat, drink, brush, and floss. Invisalign aligners can also be conveniently removed before important business meetings, professional speaking engagements, or special events.
- Invisalign aligners are also smooth and comfortable to wear. Unlike traditional braces that have brackets and wires, Invisalign aligners have no rough edges or protruding parts. This makes them more comfortable than metal braces.
- The aligners are custom-fitted to your mouth. They are made of smooth, clear plastic. This means that the aligners won’t irritate your mouth or gums.
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible when worn, so most people won’t even know you’re wearing them!
- Aligner trays are smooth and comfortable to wear. They won’t irritate your cheeks and gums, and they don’t require any irritating metal brackets.
- Invisalign aligners make it easy to maintain your oral health as food particles and plaque do not get stuck on the aligners like they do with metal braces. There is also no need to scrape or brush around the brackets and wires.
- The Invisalign aligners are BPA-free, which means that they do not contain any Bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical that may be harmful to your health.
Call 34th Street Dental Care at 708-484-6576 to schedule your consultation with our dentists to learn more about our dental treatments.