Cosmetic dentistry involves improving the appearance of your teeth and smile. In other words, cosmetic dentistry is anything done to your teeth that will make them look better. It may include treatments that improve the color, shape, size, alignment, and overall appearance of teeth. Cosmetic dentistry is elective, as opposed to restorative dental work, which is typically medically necessary.
While cosmetic procedures do not address the underlying problems that may be causing the cosmetic issues, they will improve the look of your smile. Cosmetic dentistry includes procedures such as teeth whitening; bonding; veneers, which are very thin shells bonded to the front of your teeth; dental crowns, which cover damaged teeth, along with several others.
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry can transform your smile and your life. It can give you the confidence you need to face the world. It can give you a smile that looks perfect and natural.
Cosmetic dentistry can improve your appearance, improve your dental health, and save you time.
The other benefits of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Improved confidence and self-esteem
- Better oral health
- Health and vitality
- A beautiful smile
- Better chewing function
Cosmetic Dentistry procedures
Cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Teeth whitening:Teeth whitening is a simple, non-invasive procedure that lightens the shade of your natural teeth by several shades. If you're unhappy with the shade of your teeth, teeth whitening can help.
- Dental bonding: Dental bonding is a process that is used to improve the look, feel, and function of teeth. A composite resin material, which can be matched to the color of your teeth, is applied and shaped to your tooth. Once sculpted, the material is hardened with an ultraviolet light or a laser. The resin is bonded to your tooth, which helps to give it a stronger structure and increases your durability.
- Porcelain veneers:Dental veneers are thin shells of medical-grade ceramic that are attached to the front of teeth. They are used to change the size, color, and shape of teeth.
- Orthodontics:Orthodontic treatment aim at moving one's teeth into the correct positions using braces or aligners.
- Laser gum surgery: Laser gum surgery is also called laser gum contouring, and it's a cosmetic dental treatment that reshapes gums.
- Dental implants:Dental implants are a permanent tooth replacement option that can be used to replace one, a few, or all of your teeth. They consist of a screw-like post that is placed into the jaw and then covered with a crown that looks like a natural tooth.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry right for you?
If you wish to improve the appearance of your smile by fixing dental issues like discolored, cracked, chipped, or misaligned teeth or teeth with noticeable gaps, cosmetic dentistry treatments may benefit you.
Call 34th Street Dental Care at 708-484-6576 to schedule your consultation with our dentists to learn more about our dental treatments.